Saturday, March 26, 2011

Citiscape

Moxie Fab World is having a Citiscapes Are on the Rise challenge. I checked out some of the cards, and *wow*! Thought I would whip something up.

This CAS card should have taken me a short amount of time to create, but I mulled over the colors, the die-cut for the window, to sentiment or not to sentiment... I am way too analytical when it comes to cards! I actually finished the card, tore off the top layer, and created another card (I do this a lot!). Anyhoo, here's the final product:


I drove my husband crazy discussing the sentiment (I mean really, how many times can two people discuss a card sentiment?). I decided to go the cutesy route with a quote from PTI's Everyday Button Bits...I think it's a quote in Cinderella, but it is sweet and appropriate. The sentiment reminds me of people moving to the city to pursue their dreams (a little corny but happy!).  Here's a close-up:


I'm going to give this card to my brother and sister-and-law who moved into a larger house this month. Yippee for them!

Thanks for looking, and thanks for the comments!!

Here's what I used:
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), yellow (Bazzill)
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (PTI)
Dye ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukinenko)
Font: Little City (FontRiver.com)
Dies: Labels #14 (Spellbinders); sun- Cricut Expression (Provocraft)

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant! I love the window and the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your card! So glad to see that your blog is getting the recognition it deserves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, corny because it's true & awesome. I love the sentiment anyway ;)
    I also love the rainbow cityscape - my son is a rainbow addict, and he's got me hooked too. And the sun peeking out in the corner, and the die-cut frame...I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love your window! Love the colors you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so FAB... love it...nice colors too...I always love your cards!!! nicely done... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, kudos to the hubs for giving a hoot to discuss or give an opinion! Do you really know how rare that is??? LOL! LOVE LOVE LOVE the city scene peeking out the die frame! You make some amazing cards girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jocelyn, this is stunning! Wow, I predict a winner here. I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for entering the Cityscapes Are on the Rise challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful window card. Love the cityscape stamped in different primary colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! I just found you through Cards Magazine blog and wanted to say hello. I'm from Rapid City, but we have been in New York now for about 10 years. I sure miss it there in S.D.! :)
    Danielle
    www.danielleflanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs