Monday, September 19, 2011

Pinking Out

Happy Monday! This weekend we made the trek over to Worthington, MN to go see the Gobbler Gallop at Turkey Day (no, I am not kidding). There were two turkeys that raced down a downtown street with wall-to-wall people cheering them on. The local turkey (Paycheck Turkey), racing against the badass turkey from somewhere in Texas (Ruby Turkey), won the race. It was hilarious--both the race and "Groundhog Day"-like atmosphere! I definitely see a turkey card in my future....

Anyhoo, I have good news! I'm joining the Bows and Berries design team! When Robin e-mailed, I was super excited...it's been hard to keep it a secret! I found the stamps a while back, around the time I made this card using the "Stache and Glasses" stamp.

Today, Bows and Berries is having a new challenge using GLITTER. I made up this little CAS mini card using the new "Onesie" stamp:



I chuckle every time I see it. I made the sentiment in Word, although I wish I had it in a stamp.

I printed the onesie on the card with the sentiment and then printed and paper pieced the onesie on Authentique paper and popped it up. Isn't that stamp cute?

I wanted to enter this card in the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week (mini cards), so I had to keep my 4" x 4" card simple.

But, I wanted to add some twine across the top. A "pink" girl wouldn't just tie a bow, though. Every configuration I could think of either made it look like it was S&M or a tampon (neither of which you want to think about on a baby card). Finally, my hubby suggested looking at knots on a mountain climbing website. I ended up using the Double Fisherman's knot, although I intentionally left space between the knots so it didn't look like I had a snarled line of twine:


I'm not sure if I tied the knot on the right correctly, but I decided I wasn't trying for a knots merit badge. (ha ha)

Check out the Bows and Berries and CAS-ual Friday challenges! Thanks for looking! Have a great week!

30 comments:

  1. Happy Monday? Crazy lady! Although I will say your card makes me happy, and your great news! Congrats on joining Bows & Berries!
    This sentiment is cracking me up too - I've seen it before (I think?) but never thought of it for a baby card. It's perfect! And I love your description of the twine...problems...ahem. I think that's why I don't use it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You are hilarious! I LOVE this card! The onesie and sentiment are awesome but I have to say it was the cool knotted twine that caught my eye right away. :)

    Big congrats on the Bows and Berries DT! You are rockin'!

    And what I wouldn't give to see a turkey race...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha... your post cracks me up!! The sentiment is awesome and love'n your knots.. lol! So great to have you on the team!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Turkey racing? I think we need photos -- that sounds awesome!
    2. Non-tampon knots are a very good thing ;)
    3. CONGRATS on the DT gig -- sounds great!
    4. Super-cute card to go along with your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these design teams not only need you on their team as a card/project designer but to seriously consider you for stamp designs too! Your sentiments crack me up! This card is amazing, so cute, and just the right about of sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously...how stinkin' cute is this?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that sentiment!! Your card is just plain cool!! So glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAY TOO CUTE!!!!! I love everything about it - everything. Those knots sute look perfect! I love the sentiment - too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Jocelyn! And how have I never heard of the Gobbler Gallup?! Going to have to check that out next year — ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a Cute card! LOVE LOVE your sentiment!! Knot is terric too. You are a craft genius.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny story about the knot! It's nice to have a Monday chuckle, thanks!
    Congrats on the new DT position, this is a fantastic card to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new DT! They are super lucky to have you on board! This card is the cutest and that sentiment 'should' be made into a stamp, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe...love the cool sentiment...since I'm really into pink!! :)

    This is such a sweet card! Love the white space and the onesie! :)

    Welcome to Bows and Berries teamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new DT! Fabulously cute little card (even if it's all about pink - LOL). Love your description of your 'knot' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS on the new DT!
    And with that said.. this post made me laugh after a long day, thank you! Although will I ever be able to use twine again? I hope so. :D This is an awesome card. Love the pink and the glitter, and you picked the perfect font for your sentiment!
    And thank you for the always sweet comments on my little blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! I love this awesome pink onesie and senti. Great twine knots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card! the onsie is so cute with that glittery heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super gorgeous... and super cute Jocelyn... I love your cards...very inspiring too... hugs...xoxo

    Big congrats on the Bows and Berries DT! You are rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AHHHH so CUTE! That sentiment is darling, if you get your hands on a stamp with that I want it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely DARLING, Jocelyn!! I love everything about this mini card! Congrats on your new DT!! I think you are going to rock their digies! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Turkey Gobbler Gallop! Too FUNNY! Congrats on you joining Bows and Berries Design Team! Your card is precious, I'm lovin that little red heart!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You crack me up! I have not heard of this site, so I will have to check it out! Big Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your news! The turkey race sounds funny! This mini card is rockin' and I LOVE it. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Precious!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Jocelyn!

    Wow, turkeys racing??? What a hoot! That IS HILARIOUS!

    I love this card...so sweet. I agree...pink IS an attitude. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ok, that is really hilarious - both the story about the turkeys and also the knots! Your card is awesome. What a great way to make your Bows and Berries debut! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am loving that twine details!! What an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs