Sunday, June 2, 2013

Yippee!

Hi everyone! Just a quick post to share some good news.


I made it to the Top 20 of Paper Crafts Magazine's Gallery Idol contest. Yeah!!! On Thursday night, I pulled up the Paper Crafts Connection website on my phone and had it ready to go for Friday morning. As soon as I woke up, I checked my phone, and then had to contain my excitement so I didn't wake up my kids. Yeah, it didn't work--I woke up my son. :)

So....here's the card:


It was one of those never-ending cards that I worked on a few minutes here and a few minutes there over several days. The circles are die-cut tissue paper, and I added a few die-cut stars and sequins. For the sentiment, the "Magical" is a digital sentiment from Robyn Meierotto, and I added the rest of the text.

As part of the contest, I'll be sharing my Round 2 card tomorrow and asking for your vote. Eek! I'm excited and nervous about it. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.


Supplies
Cardstock: (True Black, white) PTI; (silver glitter cardstock) Doodlebug Designs
Digital stamp: (magical from Little Dreamer set) Robyn Meierotto
Dies: (circles from Moves and Shakers Spinner Die Set) PTI; (stars from Holiday Shapes) Simon Says Stamp
Sequins: Avery Elle

11 comments:

  1. Congrats...I knew this card was a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally magical :) Such a perfect balance of colour & whimsy & just plain awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Jocelyn! Perfect mix of tissue and bling! Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!
    Super ginormous congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooooooooo hoooooooooooo! CONGRATS!! I love love love your card!! LOVING all those colorful circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations...so super exciting. You deserve it...your designs are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yipee! Big Congrats to ya! Love the fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fantastic! can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Jocelyn!!! I am so thrilled for you :-). This is indeed a magical card – I love how colorful and festive it is. Wishing you the best of luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How super exciting! (I wouldn't be able to control my excitement, either!) L-O-V-E this card! It's really gorgeous :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a magical card!! Those circles are combined perfectly with those little accents!! Good luck with the future rounds!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs