Thursday, July 18, 2013

Newton's Nook Designs--S'More Wishes

**It's my second post of the day. For my CASE Study post, please click HERE

Hi everyone! Today is the last of the new releases of Newton's Nook Designs. The stamps go on sale at midnight! Woo hoo!



I think the Campfire Tails set may be my favorite of the new releases. It's a hoot! I made a pillow box and a tag with the stamps:



I used five different stamps from the set. First, I stamped the lantern onto the pillow box in WPlus9's white ink (love it--thank you for the ink suggestion, Amy!):



I thought it could use something else, so I added a few of the fireflies. I added some Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and assembled the box.

Next, I moved onto the tag. I stamped the sentiment, fire, and s'more from the Campfire Tails set, and then colored the images with my Inktense pencils (I can't say enough good things about these pencils!). Here's a close-up of the tag:



As part of the release, Newton's Nook is giving away this set to two lucky winners. You can comment to win on the NND blog and on each of the launch party participants' blogs. You will have until tonight (July 18th) at 9pm to comment for the drawing. 

Below are the other participants in the NND launch party. Be sure to check out their blogs!

Jocelyn Olson <--You are here.

I'm entering this pillow box/tag into the Moxie Fab World Birthday Tags & Wraps challenge. There is still time to enter if you'd like to play along. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Rustic White) PTI
Patterned paper: (S'more Love) Cosmo Cricket
Clear stamps: (sentiment, s'more, fire from Campfire Tails set) Newton's Nook Designs--available 7/19
Ink: (White Pigment Ink) WPlus9; (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Coloring: (Inktense 12 pack and Rainbow) Derwent; (Colorless blender) Copic
Die: (Tag Scallop die) Paper Smooches
Twine: PTI
Pillow box: Impress

44 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Maybe fill it up with a little kit of smore fixins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really cute set! Loving all these new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope there are marshmallows and chocolate in this package! :) great for a birthday favor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the cutest stamp sets I've seen in awhile. Great idea for a gift tag. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully crafted, such a fun little package!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little box! Love the white on kraft and all that burlap string!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!! I love how you stamped the lantern and fireflies on the background paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pillow box. Don't think the marshmallows will fit though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I assume there are smores supplies inside? So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cutest little pillow box...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little pillow box! I like that lantern image stamped all over (will have to try that ink myself, I need a GOOD white ink) and your main image is beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the cutest pillow box ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun little gift idea. The white ink worked great and I like the patterned paper you used to tie everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a sweet pillow box..love the earth colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute pillow box!! I love this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute gift box. Perfect for a little item for someone special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great little gift box and love how you used the stamps to make a background as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love this! The color combinations and the pillow box pattern...ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Amazing project! I really like how you stamped your own background!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you colored in your campfire. What a terrific little gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your pill box. The use of the lantern as a background is adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow is this cute! Love how you stamped your own patterned card stock and added the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Tags & Wraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful coloring on the campfire, I love the shading especially. And that background is awesome. I'm going to have to look into that ink you recommended...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww, love this adorable little pillow box and the way you stamped with the lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such great coloring. Marvelous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohhhhhhhh this is just FABULOUS! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your use of the stamp to add background to your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you stamped the box, white on craft is perfect,! love the tag too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the pillow box♥ I would like one filled with mini marshallows!! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just gorgeous. The lantern image looks fantastic as an all over background.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wouldn't want to open it! This is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really creative combination of techniques, materials and font. Color choices are spot-on.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs