Thursday, February 13, 2014

Miss You Forever

Hi everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! I've been pretty absent on the 'ole blog....working, making a zillion valentines, hanging with my kids (it's Spring Break??). It's all good!




It's time for another CAS-ual Fridays challenge. This week's challenge is to make a goodbye/farewell card that is LONG (2" x 4", 4" x 6", etc.).

Before I get to my card, I wanted to say that it's the last week of the CAS-ual Fridays term. It's hard to say goodbye--CAS-al Fridays has been a *fantastic* team. Almost a year ago, the Two Peas digital Creative Team was suddenly cut, and it had been my only DT. I was really disappointed and felt a little lost. About a month later, I got a very sweet e-mail from Michele telling me that the team was a week into the term, but there was an unexpected opening. Would I want to join CAS-ual Fridays? Um, yes! I was pretty darn excited! :)

The team has been awesome--Michele is an amazing leader. I love her! I'm going to miss my *very* talented DT-mates. Every week, I have looked forward to seeing the team's creations. They rock!  I've learned so much from them and the CFC players. It's hard to not continue...I'm going to miss it!

Speaking of missing, here's my long/tall farewell card:

Miss You Forever


I was inspired by how Paige Evans made the hand-cut title on THIS layout. Her lettering was unbelievable. I tried to cut my letters free-hand like hers, but let's be real, my hand-cut letters looked like they were done by my 3-year-old. ha ha

I used Studio Calico's new LemonLush papers for the alphas and the layering papers (except the tissue paper of course). The "forever" was cut from one of the papers. I stitched the sentiment onto PTI's Linen Vellum. (As an aside, I never thought I would get so excited over a vellum, but this stuff is wicked cool!) ;) For the background, I used a journaling card from the SC Copper Mountain PL kit....I'm really digging using PL cards on my cards lately.

Here's a close-up:

Miss You Forever Close-Up


I counted a whopping 9 layers on my card....it's not exactly CAS. Oops! I think it shows my evolution in CAS. Yep, that's my story.

If you would like to play along with this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge, the winner will receive CAS-ual Friday Stamps!


You can link up your tall/long farewell cards HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your support!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Linen Essentials) Ellen Hutson; (Linen Vellum) PTI
Patterned papers: (orange and white Project Life card from Copper Mountain PL January 2014 kit; all other papers from LemonLush) Studio Calico
Silhouette Cameo
Embellishments: (asterisk from Copper Mountain PL kit) Studio Calico

21 comments:

  1. Your journey the past year has been amazing! As well as your "CAS evolution". (9 layers ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layering is simply amazing, girl! It's been wonderful to be your teamie :)
    Huge hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I am loving the layers and the stitching!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layering and stitching on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9 layers and yet it looks so perfect !! definitely an evolution in CAS. I have been a big admirer of ur creations at CAS-ual Friday's, will see u around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all those layers! And the stitching and the letters, this is one of my favorites from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fabulous card!! I can see Paige's influence on this ...really lovely! You rock this DT, Jocelyn! I can't wait to see what you are up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely delish! All 9 layers:). You have been such a fantastic inspiration! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty - I love the soft patterns and all the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always said (but rarely been believed) that you can do layers and still be CAS. Thank you so much for proving my point in such a splendid card :) Thank you for all of your wonderful inspiration!! {hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card! I think the layers look fabulous and is definitely still CAS :) I hope you find something to fill the gap in your time - I'm sure you will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooooooooo in love with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the layers and the happy colors! We will miss you at CASual Fridays, but I'm sure we'll keep seeing your awesome creations here. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the 9-layering Jocelyn! What a gorgeous card! ..... not your usual kind of CAS... but I love this to bits! Hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nine-layer and CAS! Not everyone could pull that off the way you just did here, Jocelyn! It really is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jocelyn, What a fun card! Love the colors and layers. Thanks for all the CAS-ual Fridays inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The 9 layers reminds me of my desk ... hahaha!!! Somehow, it doesn't look as awesome as your creation here though : ) Really love this one, Jocelyn. AND, I will miss you tremendously on the CAS-ual Fridays team. I ALWAYS looked forward to seeing your spin on the challenge. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just plain awesome, Jocelyn! Love all the layers and how you still kept it CAS...great design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your urban clean and bright graphic style. Thank you for all your wonderful work for CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The layers of different papers and the stitching is so playful and fun. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs