Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Make a Wish

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a dandy week. :)



Today, I have another GDT card for i {heart} papers. I've been dying to use my new Storybook stamps, which are available at IHP. The stamps were designed by my friend Heather Campbell, and I think she knocked it out of the park! They are such sweet designs. :)

Here's my card:

Make a Wish

I stamped, colored, and die-cut the duck and butterfly using the Storybook stamps and dies (thanks Heather!). It took me pretty much forever to come up with the design...I must have nudged those papers 100 times. ;)

I used the WPlus9 Pinking Squares Die on the bottom of the My Mind's Eye striped paper. The pretty floral is from BasicGrey's Fresh Cut collection. On the vellum, I used the Paper Smooches Borders 2 die for a scallop. Here's a close-up:

Make a Wish


The sentiment is from the Storybook set. I stamped it on a label from the MME Izzy paper and fussy cut the label from a larger sheet.

For the clustering at the top, I dripped too much mist on the heart. Oops! Usually I'm pretty haphazard with my misting and am okay with the randomness, but these splotches looked bad. :( To cover them up, I die-cut a Paper Smooches Stars heart and put the negative on the top. Yeah for saving the project! Wa hoo!

Here's a close-up:

Make a Wish


I'm linking the card up to the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white, vellum) PTI
Patterned paper: (floral from Fresh Cut) BasicGrey, (stripe and label from Izzy collection) My Mind's Eye; (turquoise from Oh Darling) Crate Paper
Stamps: (duck, sentiment, butterfly from Storybook) Avery Elle
Dies: (duck, butterfly from Storybook dies) Avery Elle; (scallop from Borders 2; star from Stars) Paper Smooches; (pinking from Pinking Squares Dies) WPlus9; (heart) Silhouette America
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko; (Opaque White, Dewey Mister Huey's) Studio Calico
Embellishments: (sequin) Webster's Pages; (chipboard star from Daily Flash) October Afternoon

10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Love the layering, as I always do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, this is soooo cute! You make me want those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable! Love that negative cut star and the vellum to soften!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. Rockin' those layers again you are. Heather designed those stamps? Wow. Just got my Card Creations in the mail and am giddy to be sharing a page with you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is super cute, luv the layers! So glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, so sweet, the duck staring to the butterfly... Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs