Sunday, April 13, 2014

Member Spotlight + A Winner!

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! I've been pretty much crushed with work lately, but I have some exciting news to share.

Kelly Noel at Studio Calico asked me if I would be the Member Spotlight for May. Really? Eek!!!!! I was very honored to get asked!! I'm such a fan of Kelly, too, so it was extra-amazing to get asked by her. :) You can check out the post on the Studio Calico blog HERE.

I thought I would share one of the cards here.

Happy Girl


I used the Studio Calico Sugar Rush Project Life and Card Kits, the Sugar Rush Patterned Paper Pad, and one of the digital brushes from the Office Hours collection. I started by tracing the digital "Hello/heart" stamp in the Silhouette Designer Program and die-cutting it on my Cameo. I die-cut a similarly-sized circle out of a Project Life card to back the sentiment.

For the background, I did a little watercoloring and then started layering. I fussy cut the heart from one of the October Afternoon papers and die-cut the postage stamp from one of the journaling cards. Here's a close-up:

Happy Girl


For the upper clustering, I fussy cut the "Happy Girl" element from the paper and layered it over a die-cut PL card. I added one of the cool chevron chipboard pieces and a little stitching:


Happy Girl


Thanks so much for stopping by. If you get a chance, please leave a little love on the Studio Calico blog post. Thank you!!

I still have not posted the winner from the Altenew blog hop. Sorry, but congrats to Michelle Lupton


I'm swooning over your vellum flowers - so gorgeous!!

Michelle, please contact me at the e-mail in my Contact and I'll pass your information on to Altenew. Congrats!

Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Eeeek, so excited to see your feature!! I saw JJ's link on FB and followed it to the SC blog. Awesome interview, Jocelyn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to be featured on SC & well-deserved. I love your card today (as always!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being featured! I loveeeeee your card!! LOVING the colors and the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card and SO cool that you are being featured! Totally well deserved....only problem with this post is that you picked the wrong name. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on that awesome interview Jocelyn, I really enjoyed learning more about you! xoxo
    Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and your card is so Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations... this card is absolutely amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the feature, Jocelyn! Well deserved! And that card is, as always, amazing. Your beautiful layering always makes my jaw drop :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congrats Jocelyn. Loved your post and the cards are just AWESOME. So very well deserved. I still can't gather the courage to try and layer like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Jocelyn!! This is great news, and you are so perfect for it!
    LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, gosh! I love every single project you do! Very well deserved being the Member Spotlight for the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on ur feature :) I loved the awesome interview and of course ur amazing card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such excellent (and well-deserved) news -- congrats, Jocelyn! This card is gorgeous, love the clustered layering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs