Saturday, April 26, 2014

Shake Your Love

Hi everyone! Is anyone else singing the Debbie Gibson song in the title? hee hee



I wanted to join in the Sequin Shaker Blog Hop and share a project I made for i {heart} papers. I pretty much stink at shaker cards, but I figured it's all for fun, right? :)

Here's what I made:

Shaker Love

I've only made shakers that pop up, but I was inspired by how Julie Ebersole sewed around the border of her shaker card HERE. I sewed around three sides of the Crate paper and acetate. I filled the pocket with a mix of Theresa Collins, Lawn Fawn, and sequins from my stash as well as vellum "LOVE" die-cuts.

For the top, I layered more papers and used the negative portion of the LOVE from Avery Elle's Words Fill in the Blank Dies. For adhering the letters before I stitched, I used a glue pen--I like that it does't muck up my sewing machine needle. :) Here's a close-up:


Shaker Love


If you'd like to join in the Sequin Shaker Hop, you can check it out HERE.

I hope your weekend is off to a good start. :) My husband and I are going out on a date night tonight for our 14th anniversary (this past week). Yeah!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies
Cardstock: (White, Vellum, Acetate) PTI
Patterned paper: (Oh Darling) Crate Paper
Dies: (Word Fill in the Blank) Avery Elle
Sequins: (Lawn Ornaments Hello Sunshine) Lawn Fawn; (pink, yellow) Avery Elle; (Daily Stories sequins) Theresa Collins

47 comments:

  1. This is so unique the way you sewed it together, I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so different!! Wow!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is so BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE your Shaker Design!! What a NEAT idea!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card, lovely design and detail x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much more fun than the standard shaker card, Jocelyn! The colours are beautiful, and I love how it still has your trademark amazing layering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Jocelyn. Love how you stitched the love in that gorgeous paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty card and LOVE how you added the sequins in layers.. fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is one STUNNING card! I love your idea of adding the vellum diecuts to be shaken with the sequins, and I envy your knack for color coordination!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Great mix of papers and I love that you added some of those alphas in the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty & unique shaker card! I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your shaker! the sewed pocket is great
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Goodness, your shaker is wonderful. If i received this card I would want to frame it! Loving all the layers and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely amazing!! Love your card! Everything is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, great color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous love the colors and papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Anniversary! Awesome shaker card!!!! I'm going to have to try that version! Love that the sequins are all visible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beyond sweet Jocelyn!! One of my very favorites!!

    Hugs,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet shaker card. Love the letters mixed with the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  20. very very fun, Love the colors, very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute and unique! Btw - love the Debbie Gibson reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, I can see that you really "stink" at shaker cards! Love everything about this - the sewing, the vellum die cuts, the pocket and the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Coolest shaker, ever! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing card!!! Love the sewed details!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your shaker is fabulous - love the sewing, colours and sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely ADORE your card, Jocelyn. In fact, I shared it on the Pretty Pink Posh Facebook page...it was too amazing not to share! :) The colors, the elements, the gorgeous patterned papers. SWOON!

    So thrilled to have you as part of the very first Pretty Pink Posh blog hop! Thank you for participating and for sharing your beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the sewn aspect of this!! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the fun mix of confetti in your shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh! Your design is so unique and gorgeous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't know why you say you stink at shaker cards, it's really pretty and unique. You need to make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely way to make a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. "Love" it. I really like your paper choices. Sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Okay! I seriously LOVE everything about this card..

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so FUN and I like the way you sewed it for closure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is fabulous! I love the pretty papers and all the goodies in the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this so much, so simple to make a shaker that way

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a DARLING shaker card, Jocelyn!
    Love the pretty colors & the enclosed vellum "LOVE"!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing card, lady! Your work is always fab!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome shaker card! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love that you included those letters. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is you not being good at shaker cards?!! It's amazing!! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is gorgeous! I love how you stitched around the shaker element!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs